Tuesday, September 18, 2012


B is for Bugs/Butterfly…success


Alright so I’m thinking Mondays are going to be a little rough but I got this. So we finished the caterpillar game today. I punched holes in the egg cartons two holes opposite of each other.  I printed out a dice template http://www.teachervision.fen.com/graphs-and-charts/graphic-organizers/52458.html.  Wrote out number 1-6 out and made corresponding dots on the caterpillar parts aka egg carton shells.

 Roll the dice and find the part you need. Count the dots. 

String it on a piper cleaner until it’s full, that takes six pieces.

 I wanted make sure Light could recognize these numbers he did really well, 6 was hard for him to remember. This would easy to adjust to higher numbers too so I have a feeling we’ll play again soon maybe tomorrow. When he was finished we added piper cleaner antennas.

Little bit of music time

Figuring out a toy

Dart and I found some money on daddy’s dresser. … shhh. It’s in Dart piggy or rather dinosaur bank now.

 This took a good amount of skill on his part it was good practice and he was really excited to do it. I did help a bit to eliminate frustration when I saw it building. It’s hard to be little.

Outside to hunt for bugs and water garden turned into a water war.

We learned a bit about the butterfly life cycle. http://www3.canisius.edu/~grandem/butterflylifecycle/The_Lifecycle_of_a_Butterfly_print.html. The pictures of the different butterflies were really exciting for him. Then we watch a video, which made me ‘the best mom ever’. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AUeM8MbaIk&feature=player_embedded
When Dart when down for a nap. I pulled out one of Light favorite past times, an ice cube tray with colored water and a dropper.

 He loves to mix colors, he was ecstatic to figure out how to make green, his favorite color.

To top it off we scrunched up some coffee filters in cloth pins. An oldie but goody still he thinks I’m a genius. Just used the dropper to add color. Super pretty I had to do one too.

Kitten play time with Light

Evening play time, in the water again this time with neighbor too.  They did some bug hunting later.

No comments:

Post a Comment