Tuesday, September 11, 2012


A is for Apples



Alright! Day 2. Maybe that should be round 2. Yep, did you hear the bell right, I did. So last night was a really horrible night for sleep. Coyotes were close and loud and totally unnerving. I’ve never heard one that close, even when I lived in the county. I didn’t really expect to hear one in my suburbs. So being the wonderfully horrible morning person I am, not to mention my NEED for at least 7 hours of sleep, getting less than six is unacceptable as well as unfunctionable. Cartoons were a good friend of mine this morning while I got myself together.  

Then on to ‘Apples on Top’ love this book. We read all the while Dart couldn't decide if he want up, down, upside down...that's my Dart. I traced the character on a piece of paper for Light to color. He gets bored easy but I gave color pencils today so that might be the problem. After he was done I cut it and taped it around an old yogurt container. Three well place bamboo kabobs through the lid so Light could place apples on top. I got the crab apples from my parents the week before. We could only get 5 apples on top of each character but was a little afraid of him stabbing himself even with my hovering help that I was relieved. He was happy and counted them over and over. Afterward he ate the tiny apples. I really liked using real apples but the original link might have down it better. http://www.icanteachmychild.com

While working with Light I quickly thought of a distraction for Dart. I’ve seen flour paint online with flour and  salt, paint, food dye. I never paid too much attention but as I looked at my toddler wishing for I could let him color I thought about it. What the heck. Little flour, little water drop of food dye, sure we’ll call it paint.  http://www.bowerpowerblog.com/2011/07/michaelango-his-two-muses/.Dump some on a piece of paper, go for it. True though half ended up in his mouth but I knew that would happen so that why I thought it would be so perfect for him.  

And as I expected Light want to try it too. I cut a crab apple in half and we first tried the ink pad for apple prints. 
 Then he took the paint and paper and made apple print with the flour paint too.

I had to run errands later but the boys got to go to the library. It was the first time for Dart and first time at this one for Light. I’m still not sure Light knew there were books there at all, I’m sure he will remember it as the train place. All he did was play with the train set, which was fine. He played well with the other kids and Dart took a liking to a lady with two little girls and followed her around abit even though it seemed to make her uncomfortable, so I ended up distracting him. That was easy because the K9 Readers were there. What a great idea to bring in dogs for kids to read to. Dart loved it because the dog didn’t move just sat there. He’s cautious around dogs still especially the big ones. He charmed the dog handlers talking to her and the dog, even the little girl reading to the dog and her mother. The mother thought he was cute and had a good non-word chat with him. It was a pretty good day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment