Sunday, September 16, 2012


New Addition


So after a fun day at Silly Papa’s (He came up with that himself).  We decided to run to the grocery store to pick up a few things. We’ve been talking about a puppy. I want one but I really seriously don’t at the same time. They’re cute and fun, really, it’d be nice for boys to have that. To be honestly I’ve been going through baby withdrawals too. Darth is still so much a baby but he’s getting so big. I guess I should add that he’s about the age Light was when we got pregnant with Darth so I guess it’s just the age.

 I don’t really want to be pregnant right now and even though it would be nine months before a baby arrived I just don’t think I’m ready for that. Still something cute and little would be nice. Sooo anyways back to the grocery store. As we drive in I spot it, a small squeak escapes me and my attentive husband immediate notices my excitement.  He inquires to want made me momentarily sound like an endangered rodent.  For good measure I deepen my voice to a level that would be envied by the evilest of cartoon characters and breath the word. “Kitties”  

Yes I’d seen a box with a sign for ‘FREE KITTENS’ (Yay, I bet you know were I'm going with this). I even saw someone hold a bright orange cat, which has been on my husband’s wish list for ages. We approach and I see six pair of perfectly curious almond shaped blue eyes staring at me from the most adorable faces of a bright orange kitten, a very light orange kitty and a fluffy of gray. I HAD to have one. I’ve never been impulsive so I decide to wait until after shopping to think it over. By the time we were check out I was practically racing out of the store to see if they were still there. My husband was fully on board despite my best effort to talk myself out of it the whole time. Picking ONE was the hard part. I wanted them all, so how’s that for impulse control. I only took one.
He talked to me in his high pitch ‘mew’. Totally melting.

So our house has been filled with an abundance of the word “cute” and a symphony of ‘awwwe’.

The kids are adjusting to the extra gentleness. Although Light thought that tossing him on the couch while I prepped dinner would be fun for him. How would want to thrown up with air to free fall, well, I for one may not,but of course with is not the view of a 4 year old. To add to my disgruntlement, this was after I told him not to pick him up at all. Adjustment; NO flying kitties.

The little guy also has found his fav napping place other than our laps, panda. HE’S SOOO CUTE!!!! Now I just need the perfect name for him....Loki?

No comments:

Post a Comment