Tuesday, October 16, 2012


DIY Owl Baby Rattle

For a baby shower, I thought I’d just buy some gifts. But I couldn't help myself I had to make something.

 Diaper Cake, they are easy and awesome and always makes a good impression. I just needed to put something on it. I went to the craft store for supplies with some ideas in mind. I guess I should note that I’m a procrastinator so this was the night before the party too.

I first needed ribbon for the cake. I found the cutest owl ribbon. My inspiration.
Next I sketched out an owl shape on paper folded it in half to makes sure it was symmetrical. Then cut out the little pieces like the wings and circle for the eyes. All pretty basic shapes but I’m still glad for my artistic side.

I choose a golden color for the owl with brow accents

My original thought was to make a mobile but with the time constraint and large size of the owl I decided a different route. A rattle. I cut out a large neutral color and made a handle.

For the rattle to make a rattling sound I used an old hotel shampoo container and beans.

 Its larger than needed but it fits. 

Add some stuffing and sew it up.


Just add to the cake. Cute, huh?

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Did you hand stitch it or use a machine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like. I hand stitched with a blanket stitch.

      Delete