Thursday, January 23, 2014

So here we are.

Been a while but I thought maybe I'd try this again. Light is still going to Montessori school. I've got a job I love. And Dart is on the brink of potty training.

First Light is going to school twice a week all day. I take a 15 minute break from work and run get him. Thank goodness it's close. He spends the next couple hours with me. At first this was amazingly cool but I can see it losing some of it's luster. Still he brags to every kid that come in that his mom works there and beams when they find that amazing. Cause, come on, how cool is a mom that works in a toy store.

That's right I started working at a local toy/baby store. Not only that but it's an Eco Friendly store. I'm finding myself much more busy then when I started there but it's so much fun. I've got the Facebook page going and a ton more 'likes'. I'm finding new products, ordering and entering them into the system. I've even started an electronic filing system. It's not perfect but it's awesome now that the printers been on the fritz.

I honestly do feel important there. The only real frustration is the hours. Now they are awesome hours in that they're short shifts and I get 3 day weekends but they are the best hours of my day. I'm not so much a morning person but by the time I get going I have to get ready for work. And the commute. Light is in school but Dart needed a babysitter. Luckily I have an amazing friend that watches kids. Her nephew is the same age and she does lesson and I know she won't let Dart walk all over her. And he does listen to her very well and likes going there. She has him Tuesday's and Thursdays and my mom takes both boys on Wends. This is all fine and great except it's a 20 to 30 min drive to drop them off then I have to drive back only down the road from my house to work. I don't really know any one closer to home to watch Dart and quiet honestly I really enjoy the time I spend visiting with my friend dropping Dart off.

Lately Husbands been working late so that makes 2 hours of driving for a 4 hours shift it's hard to justify. Husband still wants me to do it because it makes me happy just wish it wasn't complicated. Every activity I want Light to join doesn't give me enough time. I didn't foresee this problem as I get off at 5:30 which seems pretty standard. We had to stop Swim lessons because the mommy and me class started at the same time I got off and I just could make it fast enough. My mom and husband took him in for a while but that would leave Light on the side line, alone. I wasn't comfortable with that. It just wasn't fair for my mom either.

So yes I have a job I total love and yes it total complicates things. I've considered quitting I certainly feel selfish. Still I'm feel super productive and I'm feeling like part of this community finally. I don't know what I'll do when school starts next year but for now I'm here.  I'm sure I'll share all the great products I've been finding soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment