Thursday, December 6, 2012

Favorite Toys


Alright with the Christmas season I've really been looking at toys. If there's one thing I've learned this year it's  eco friendly and non toxic do not go hand in hand. Almost any plastic in my kids toys has BPA and other potentially harmful chemicals. I've recently discovered talk that recycled materials may even intensify these toxins. No good, especially with toys made from recycled plastic.

Green Toys 


Green Toys is a brand that uses recycled plastic to make their toys. To my relief they are BPA and PVC free. While I can't help but be skeptical of all and any plastic this is great news. They have all sorts of toys from tea sets to trucks and have even branched out into feeding utensils and plates.
If you want to buy amazon.com has a good selection as does abesmarket.com. Personally I'll be hitting a local store Eco Tots.
This truck was beat out for Santa's request from Light. But I think I'll surprise him. I don't think he know he gets a gifts from his parents, just Santa.
I just love how cute this is. 



Plan Toys


Another favorite toy maker of mine. Plan toys is primarily wooden toys. A variety of toys for all ages. Doll houses to intricate play cityscapes. Fun and educational toys. Each toys comes with a booklet of other toys and this use to be Light favorite thing to read. I'm going to have to get him another.
Between the ages of two and three Light collected this entire series. The steam roller was the bribe that got him potty trained. They've held up pretty good although Dart has managed some damage. 
I think these bees are adorable and educational fun is a bonus.
How cool are these for a little drummer.
Honestly the prices are reasonable and these are toys I can feel good about. amazon.com again has these as well as Eco Tots. These are some main brands of eco friendly toys. 





No comments:

Post a Comment