Friday, September 25, 2015

Fruit of September


I was very blessed growing up my parents found a piece of property with mature fruit trees. So from middle school up I have memories of running out in the chilling autumn mornings and grabbing fruit off the tree for lunch.  I think generally we would pick them during the day but I remember the morning runs cause it was freaking cold!

Still I love the fruit on my parents property and I love sharing it with my kids, which I had a chance to do today. Little bit of pears, apples and plums. The boys loved helping and eating about as much as they picked. They couldn't pick a lot though due to their level of shortness even with the help of a ladder.

They did, however, really enjoy using a hammer on the walnuts, that is why I gave my 4 year old a hammer...he's walnut hunting. Dart can't even eat them but I suppose it was fun to crack them open for everyone else. 

Even baby Reign tried to help and successfully got a leaf which he even manged to taste briefly before I wrestled it away.  


Reign enjoyed watch his brothers play. 
It was a sweet day with plenty of fruit to show for it. Pears for my mom, since she can't have many fruit. I sense baby food and drying are in my future.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment